Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Golden Globe Predictions for tomorrow...

Now for something a little lighter, my predictions for tomorrow's Golden Globes. I'll be watching the abbreviated 'press conference' tomorrow with great interest. I guess there's no pre-show? Very sad...lol

GOLDEN GLOBE PREDICTIONS:

1. BEST MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

2. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA
JULIE CHRISTIE – AWAY FROM HER

3. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA
DANIEL DAY-LEWIS – THERE WILL BE BLOOD

4. BEST MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
JUNO

5.BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
ELLEN PAGE - JUNO

6. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
JOHNNY DEPP – SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET

7. BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
RATATOUILLE

8. BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY (FRANCE AND USA)

9. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE
AMY RYAN – GONE BABY GONE

10. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE
JAVIER BARDEM - NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

11. BEST DIRECTOR – MOTION PICTURE
ETHAN COEN & JOEL COEN – NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

12. BEST SCREENPLAY – MOTION PICTURE
DIABLO CODY - JUNO

13. BEST ORIGINAL SCORE – MOTION PICTURE
MICHAEL BROOK with KAKI KING and EDDIE VEDDER – INTO THE WILD

14. BEST ORIGINAL SONG – MOTION PICTURE
"GUARANTEED" – INTO THE WILD
Music & Lyrics by: Eddie Vedder

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sound very compelling. A couple you listed I think have toss-ups but could see your pick winning. These are the only two I disagree with entirely and think another will be picked:

9. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE
Saoirse Ronan – Atonement

13. BEST ORIGINAL SCORE – MOTION PICTURE Dario Marianelli - Atonement

Part on the accolades I've read for both and part because I think with more nominations than any other movie, Atonement will walk away with a couple. As much as I liked the movie, I agree the competition is too great on the biggest awards.

Stronglite said...

I don't know why, but I have always hated these kinds of awards! I guess I never saw the interest in seeing clips of movies or songs then see who gets a trophy. I would much rather spend my time actually watching the feature clip!

just my 2 cents.

-rashidville.com